At the moment I seem to have a stack of books waiting to be read, which is unusual for me to say the least. Generally, it is the other way round and ends up with me on the internet madly trying to find/buy ebooks to read.
Why the reading backlog? I would love to come up with some excuse like work (however this would be a total lie because working for myself allows me to structure my life around my addiction – see, you should all quit your day jobs – fuck the down turn in the economy when you can read!), but in all honesty prob’ly has more to do with the fact that book pimpage, lack of will power, etc has seen me spend a shit load of money on books. Bugger (I guess).
My attitude towards a non-read book is usually that if I haven’t read it within a couple of weeks/a month then I am never going to read it so off to the secondhand book shop it goes! The only times this doesn’t count is when the book is by an author I keep or when some strange person has given me a ‘proper’ book thinking that because I love reading I will read some esoteric crap – it’s a guilt thing.
Books on the shelf waiting to be read:
- Poppy Z. Brite’s Drawing Blood (put down so I could read JL’s TEA)
- Ginn Hale’s Wicked Gentlemen (saving it for the weekend)
- Christopher Paolini’s Brisinger (putting off this one cos I’ve got the feeling I’ll need to go back & re-read the first two in the series, which I can’t be arsed doing at the moment)
- Jocelynn’s Drake’s Nightwalker (started the first few pages but put it down, which either means a) I don’t like it & won’t get back into it or b) I was too pissed at the time to focus & hopefully will pick it up again)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon’s One Silent Night (putting off this one cos Acheron wore me out plus this is Stryker’s story & I can’t say I’m a big fan of the whole ‘yes, he’s been evil for the gazillion books written so far, but he’s really just misunderstood’ thing – we’ll see)
- also a couple of ebooks cos I couldn’t very well buy TEA all by itself – the exchange rate, you know!
Anyway gotta go – my tame book store has an order for me that’s just screaming out to be picked up. Impatient much, yes??