books that sucker you in: the character (again)

So, not only do I have a thing for characters who are veterinarians, but apparently I can’t resist me a psychic.

Yeah. Go figure.

Especially given that anyone reading my mind would get me in to some serious shit.

This entry was posted in book buying, books that sucker you in, characters, randomness. Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to books that sucker you in: the character (again)

Oh, great. Here we go…

2. Emilie says:

Jordan is working on PsyCop 6, but there are a few other projects coming out first.

Sleepwalker is a contemporary, no paranormal powers, a murder mystery, and there's a bit of spookiness in there. I love the protagonists.

The paperback of the first batch of Petit Morts stories will be out relatively soon.

But yeah, I'm also eagerly waiting to read PsyCop 6.

That is very exciting news, Emilie! Yay!

Sleepwalker looks interesting too. Quite frankly who can resist anything with Jordan's name on it. πŸ™‚

Kris, you should pick up the Chris Quinton books at Manifold Press.
    One has a psychic of some sort and the other a vet.

I had to laugh about the pic but felt sorry for you too

Veterinarians? Psychic veterinarians? Interesting πŸ™‚ I'm not usually a fan of the psychic storyline, but I have the PsyCop books on my radar, and now that I've finally worked out how to use Stanza and Calibre I can read my PDF books – YAH!

Force of Law? I want to know more, yes?

As for me….I love broken characters…and…BDSM books πŸ™‚

Ingrid: Thanks for the recs. I'll check that out.

It's not funny! 😦

Orannia: oooo, a psychic vet! KZ/Wren! Are you paying attention to this?

I love that you love BDSM books. It's such a contrast. πŸ˜‰

7. BDSM… yes please, sir.

Re. the psychic vet story: No, it's the animals that are psychic…and can talk, and the vet is a deaf mute, so his “patients” must play matchmaker by reading and communicating his feelings for a billionaire with a sportscar who appears at the clinic with the German shepherd that served with him in the military, only the shepherd is very possessive and tries coming between the vet and the billionaire, but a beagle and an African Grey parrot who've perfected a ventriloquist act save the day.

The end.

There. Now lay off.

9. Ooo…BDSM is a fav for me, too! But I find I'm getting picky in my old age; I need story along with it.

Orannia: Force of Law pulled me in much more than I expected. It isn't BDSM, though. It's got a number of het romance tropes: rich guy/poor guy, getting even with an ex, unspoken love, blackmail mystery…the best part for me was the “forced seduction” scene. I thought it was very well done. πŸ™‚

Miranda: You may call me Mistress. πŸ™‚

KZ: I think it would be better if the vet could read animal minds and the german shepherd was actually a shifter stalker, but whatever.

Wren: Story with BDSM?? Bite your tongue! πŸ˜›