A little while ago, everyone (ie book bloggers) was doing a manifesto.
I can’t remember why now, but there were some terrific ones about and at the time I thought to myself ‘wow, I should do one of these if I want to be taken seriously’.
Anyhoo, since a couple of new virtuals have started to drop in, I thought I should prepare not a manifesto as such because the idea of my having one is beyond laughable, but rather a warning about what peeps should not expect when they cluelessly land on this blog.
So, here it is…
The Kris ‘n’ Good Books Not-Quite-A-Manifesto Manifesto
(in no particular order)
1. I take the piss out of (translation: take the mickey, make fun of) everything. Very little is sacred. Very little.
2. At some point I will mock you, therefore if you’re in the slightest bit sensitive you should probably leave now.
3. The title of this blog is a big fat lie. Yes, I (vaguely) talk about booky things, but only occasionally are they ‘good’ books.
4. I don’t do reviews. Infrequently I do what I call ‘tastings’ in which I kind of talk about things I dis/liked about the books I’ve read.
5. I’m not often wrong.
6. I’m completely and utterly random so if you’re expecting coherent discussions, etc you’re in the wrong place.
7. I totally object to swearing and crudity.
8. I make shit up.
9. Not only do I make shit up, but, depending on my mood, I either laugh at people behind their back or straight in their face about the fact that they believed me in the first place.
10. And, most importantly of all, I am
AWESOME a Book Slut.
There you have it. That’s me and this is my blog.
For those of you who’ve been hanging around for a while now, feel free to add more crap about what people won’t get here.
Consider it a civic duty.