for orannia and sarah: my kiwi buddies

Cos for some weird arse random reason I have this song stuck in my head.

Cos you both are probably one of the few peeps in this small ‘verse of ours that will get this.

Cos I luff youse.

This entry was posted in extra further randomness, music, orannia, Rain on the Roof. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to for orannia and sarah: my kiwi buddies

1. Sarah says:

Awwwwwww. Big smooch to you to.

As a kid, my parents brought me a Footrot Flats comic book every Xmas. I love my parents. 🙂 I loved Dog, but Horse is my absolute favorite character.

Dig that dancing man, those chicks are such groovers!

Chris: Told you you wouldn't get it. LOL.

Sarah: I knew you would luff my special tribute to you. 🙂 Go the '80s!

Dog was great, but, yes, Horse was awesome. You have to love something that evil.

3. There must be something in air that's giving off an 80's vibe because I've had this in head for over a week now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

Stephani: I'm pretty sure that your weird arseness beats mine. I haven't heard that song for a gazillion years. God, don't you just love the '80s. LOL.

5. I have three 80's mixed CD's in my collection. I love listening to oldies like Falco, The Pet Shop Boys and Boy George.

Hey! I still love Men Without Hats! Especially this song. I even have the cd. 🙂

7. Eyre says:

Umm, I'm with Chris on this one.

Of course, I had to google Footrot Flats.

I do love 80's music! Men Without Hats, Falco, all of it! The BFF and I watched a Duran Duran video the other day, and I'm not quite sure why we thought they were so hot back in the day. 😉

@Kris – *kiss kiss*

Thank you! I love that song. Dave Dobbyn & Herbs…and I still know all the words!

@Stephani – brilliant! Love that song too.

Since we're on an 80s theme, who remembers this?

And has anyone worked out what it was about yet, 'cause I still have no idea 🙂

And to return the favour to the wonderful Kris, a song from one of my favourite Australian bands:

Um, that's a really good question, orannia. Not a flippin' clue. Ack – I wish I could remember which 80s video I watched recently – someone had added “interpretive” subtitles to it and I about hurt myself laughing… It was something with lots of drifting gauze curtains.

11. Sean Kennedy says:

I had no idea Orannia was a Kiwi!

And I loved Nik Kershaw back in the day. “Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes, even if it was for just one day…”

12. Sean Kennedy says:

Chris, was it “Total Eclipse of the Heart”? Frakking hilarious. I feel guilty whenever I watch it because I love that song.

Stephani: I'm emailing you something that you will absolutely love.

Chris: I've seen your wedding pic. You did '80s Big Hair real well. 😛

Eyre: What do you mean 'back in the day'?! Those boys are still hot.

Orannia: I knew all the words still too. LOL.

My BB's standard answer to all 'what the hell does that song mean' is that it's about drugs. It's amazing how often he turns out right.

You gotta love Icehouse. I think you can get kicked out of the country if you don't.

Sean: I didn't know that you had a thing for mullets. That explains a lot. 😛

Sean: That was it! zOMG, that was hilarious.

Kris: Um, thanks?! ;p

Welcome! *beams*

17. Mariana says:

Wowzers on some of those videos O_o I still listen to many of those song, but have never really checked out the videos…didn't know what I was missing 🙂

Although, being a Latina from NYC, I'm more into the late 80's-early 90's Latin Freestyle movement: Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, etc.

Now off to check out more 80's videos.

Mariana: “… .didn't know what I was missing :)”

They sure are an… experience. LOL.

I went looking for Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam to see if I recognised any of the songs. I'm now bopping away to 'Head to Toe'. I loved that song!

19. Mariana says: