things that make you go o_O

I know the symbol is part of their branding and all, but that pretty cookie looks like he now has some sort of weird growth coming out of his pants.

This entry was posted in book covers, things that make you go O_o, WTF. Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to things that make you go o_O

1. That is weird looking. To me it looks like a wishbone out of turkey or chicken! lol

🙂

MsM

2. Val says:

I agree. I've seen this cover art as a thumbnail icon where it looks even weirder. I don't even understand why the “wishbone” shape would be considered a really great logo …

I've never understood why they have a wishbone as their logo. Looks weird.

4. Amora says:

lol. I see a wishbone too. I agree… it's odd looking.

5. Patti says:

It looks like the wishbone is pinching his mantitty! Ouch!

6. JenB says:

It's steam from a really nasty fart. Brussels sprouts and seven-bean soup.

7. His wee is super bendy, expandable and wants to lick his rock hard abs.

Jen B: O.o

8. Eyre says:

Fart steam? Mantitty pincher? LMAO!

It's distracting since it has nothing to do with the story. Why didn't they turn it into a tattoo on his tummy? Then you could have the logo and not distract from Mr. Hotstuff? It was a dumb move.

10. It looks like someone carved his skin off. Eww. Come one people use the transparency feature in photshop that is what it is there for.

11. Lea says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

12. Lea says:

V for some sort of Victory? (From what is inside the pants no doubt..) I agree though it does spoil that nice cookie on the cover.

word veri: “suckmar” – Okay let the oral sex jokes begin… o_O

13. ElaineG says:

do you think that its tickling his armpit *snort*

14. Eyre says:

Hey baby, suckmar wishbone.

15. Juniper says:

16. I have seen other covers from them with the logo in a corner or at the bottom of the page…

I just dont understand the logic of having it cover what is suppose to be selling the product…

I dont think a cover artist would be happy with that..

E:)

17. Is it a promotional novella? Sometimes they get a little lax on the covers for those.

Poor guy. Maybe he is hiding his face in shame from the molestation of the giant “V”.

18. Eyre says:

It kind of reminds me of those calipers used to measure body fat.

Plus I read this book and I think it rated a “meh” from me.

MsM: That's exactly what I thought when I saw it!

Val: It was the thumbnail that took me back cos I had no idea what the hell the white thing was.

Lily: That's the thing. I never even knew it looked like a wishbone until this latest lot of covers. It was always so discrete before.

Amora: It's strange, right.

Patti: *snort* Something else I thought. 🙂

JenB: “It's steam from a really nasty fart.”

Bloody redneck.

Katiebabs chook: Why would he have an albino willy though?

Eyre: “It kind of reminds me of those calipers used to measure body fat.”

So you're thinking this story might actually be some sort of Jack In The Beanstalk, medical play, m/m??

Tam: Their branding is usually way more discrete. I'm not sure why this happened with the latest round of releases. Some of the covers have the symbol right across faces and stuff, although they are less obvious than this one. It's a bit odd.

KC: One of my other ponderings was that maybe it was meant to be a scar…. erm, no.

Lea: Great. You just had to encourage Eyre, didn't you. *sigh*

Elaine: You think maybe it's some sort of weird sex toy?? Could be. 🙂

Juni: “I think we've all missed that the poor love is stranded in his shirt & totally unable to prevent the grafitti artists scribbling on him.”

Sweetie, if they were graffiti artists the first things that would have drawn are a couple of arrows pointing to naughty places.

EH: “I dont think a cover artist would be happy with that..”

I agree. I think the branding has really impacted on what would have otherwise been a nice cover. It seems to have been done after the cover was designed.

Miranda: Nope, not a promo cover,

“Maybe he is hiding his face in shame from the molestation of the giant “V”.”

Another person who thinks it's some bizarre sex toy, albeit one who he is sentient.

You lot have filthy minds.

Chris: But did you buy it because of the cover. That's the most important thing we need to know.

“suckmar wishbone”

Shit. Now I have the giggles.

No, I absolutely did not buy it for the cover!

Tam: How old are you. Geezus.

Chris: The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

27. Eyre says:

Obviously, Tam is old enough to appreciate my refined sense of humor and my erudite wit.

Veri word–brati–No comment.

28. He's a shape shifting albino? His wee is his source of power.

29. Weird! It's too big and like an odd tattoo.

Katiebabs chook: But the rest of him isn't albino. Just his doodle. That's weird.

Janna: Maybe he's into scarification??

31. Juniper says:

I've heard them called a lot of things, Kris, but never a 'doodle' & an albino one at that. Wonder if it glows in the dark?

veri – 'unmen' – women?

Juni: You haven't heard of doodle? I wonder if it's an Aussie thing. Heh.

Maybe unmen have sparkly tentacles??

33. Heh, at first I didn't see his arm and thought “Hmm, now that's some weird photo shopping.” Observant I am not. lol

Oh, I don't know, Bridget. Some other people have thought it was some weird photo shopping. 😉

35. JenB says:

You know you adore me. *snuggles*

Whatever.

Tell me something… do you have a cousin called Bubba? Cos I'm pretty sure the only Real Rednecks do.

37. JenB says:

No, but Bubba is my litle brother's nickname. 😛

I have several cousins who dip chewing tobacco, though. A couple who live in trailers, a couple who knocked up their girlfriends, one who owns a donut shop, and two who work in oil fields.

WHAT OF IT, BIATCH?

I have to say I saw the torso first and then the weird white symbol…the symbol is ruining the view IMHO 🙂

Jen: I was only checking to see if you are really as rednecky as you claim to be. Geez. Go get another beer and sit your arse back down on the couch.

Orannia: “I have to say I saw the torso first and then the weird white symbol…the symbol is ruining the view IMHO :)”

Oh, yes, It doesn't quite let us see enough of the pretty cookie. 🙂

Katiebabs chook: Mmmmmmmmm….