getting on the ‘best of’ bandwagon: 2010

Continuing my tradition of not-quite-the-norm best ofs (see 2008 and 2009), I’ve decided to again pimp the shit out of revisit my 2010 fave glbtq film-ish moments.

In fact, I’ve heard the PTB are thinking of renaming 2010 as the Year Kris Became Obsessed Wif Teh Ghey TeeVee.

It’s an honour.

Apparently.

Anyhoo, this is what I done liked in 2010:

1.  Deniz and Roman from Alles Was Zahlt.

My post about it: Here.

A fave moment: The shower scene.

Dear.  God.  *fans self*

2.  Kyle and Oliver from One Life to Live.

My post about it: Here.

A fave moment: The first love scene.

It still gives me shivers.

3.  Brian and Justin from Queer As Folk.

My post about it: Here.

A fave moment: The infamous make up sex scene.

Rawr.

4.  Christian and Oliver from Verbotene Liebe.

My post about it: Here.

A fave moment: The proposal.

I am NOT a sap.  I just have something in my eye is all.

5.  Timothy and Jonathon from Were the World Mine.

My post about it: Here.

A fave moment: Timothy (Tanner Cohen) as Puck.

That voice just blows me away every. single. damned. time.

So these are my faves.

What glbtq films or TV shows did you discover and love this year?

This entry was posted in best of 2010, best ofs, film, m/m, OCD. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to getting on the ‘best of’ bandwagon: 2010

1. Ok. I'm at work and these are such a TEASE but… I will have to wait until I get home to watch them.

A blushing Miranda raises questions around the office. Gotta keep the bitch face on.

Um. I need to get back to QaF – I think I watched only three episodes…

I liked the homoerotic subtext of True Blood becoming MUCH less subtextual in the third season.

3. KB/KT Grant says:

I miss Kyle and Oliver!

Steamiest scene had to be in True Blood when Eric kissed Talbot. Total hotness.

I adoreded Russell and Talbot's relationship and wish they could have had a spin off.

4. Nastassia says:

With the exception of number 2 , all above mentioned are my favs. I absolutely obsessed with QAF, I've rewatched so many times.

Wonderful post! (But why are those damned YouTube vids always so damned dark?)

That shower scene was just beautiful. The actors, the camera work, the editing — beautiful! *sigh*

Is it just me, or does the German language kind of…undermine romance? (I say this with genuine affection, because my beloved paternal grandmother was German. Problem was, I couldn't distinguish between her terms of endearment and her curses.)

I discovered the British “Queer as Folk” last year and loved it. What a freakin' screaming shame that Charlie Hunnam not only turned out to be straight but ended up playing a grungy, grizzled, murderous biker in “Sons of Anarchy.” Ptewy! Now I must get my hands on the QaF US version.

I finally got to watch Milk (great performances), Get Real, and Beautiful Thing. The last two were good but didn't really blow me away.

6. lisabea says:

I luff them. You know exactly who I mean.

Le. Sigh.

L

Miranda: You know that you've just tempted me to send you a whole bunch of stuff to try and wreck your bad arse rep, right? πŸ˜›

Chris: QaF is teh awesome. Watch eeeeet!

You know how I feel about True Blood. Not even the prospect of a gay couple could make me watch it.

KBC: Kyle and Oliver were so friggin' cute. *sigh*

Yeah, but doesn't Talbot die?? The end.

8. OMG! That first one almost made me fall on the floor with pleasure! DANG! I need a fan!

Nastassia: Did you not like Kyle and Oliver or have you not had a chance to watch it yet?

QaF = My Lost Week. I stayed up all hours and barely slept so as to leap out of my bed and continue watching it. Brilliant stuff.

KZ: Thanks, luv! πŸ™‚

“Is it just me, or does the German language kind of…undermine romance?”

*whispers* I turn the sound down or off. Bad Kris.

I haven't see either of Get Real or Beautiful Thing. I need to add them to my list. One of my next things is to watch the first two seasons of Skins. I've heard such awesome things about the character of Maxie.

LB: “You know exactly who I mean.”

No. I have no idea. πŸ˜›

Amy: I know! Best scene eva! Mind you there are some pretty friggin' hawt scenes between Ollie and Christian too. Gotta love German TV. LOL.

11. lisabea says:

I just posted it on facebook. **snort**

LOL. Your obsessions are just one of the many things I adore about you, Sweet Bea. πŸ™‚

I know you're going to kick my ass, but I haven't seen any of these yet, beyond the clips. Yes, I know you gave them to me. Ack! I'm not very good at watching TV/movies. I don't seem to have the patience anymore. Okay, my goal is to watch what you gave me before my birthday.

Yay, Tam! That's my problem, too.

My baby cousin went to a lot of trouble to pirate those things for you, Tam. Hmpf!

You and Chris are slackers.

16. Lea says:

Hey Kris!

Happy New Year.

I've not seen any of those shows but they do look to be steamy. πŸ™‚

I hope 2011 is a great year for you.

17. lbgregg says:

My obsessions keep me sane. Sort of.

Chris and Tam…they're waiting for you.

18. Nastassia says:

@Kris – I've watched Kyle and Oliver, I liked them but I guess I don't like so much as to miss that they're gone now.

19. nichem says:

Of those, I've only seen QAF and Were the World Mine (love them both).

Hmmm, new for me this year would be Glee (love Kurt and Blaine) and Modern Family (so funny).

20. This summer I got all the QaF DVD's. Cody and I stayed up all night for weeks on end until we watched every episode. Although he did make me fast forward through the lesbian scenes πŸ˜›

The biggest significance with the DVD's though was that our marathon occurred right after he came out. I like to think that show helped him feel that he wasn't alone. He still has all the box sets displayed on his TV stand and for Christmas I got him a couple of Brian and Justin posters.

Lea: “I've not seen any of those shows but they do look to be steamy. :)”

Perhaps some one needs to make a New Years resolution. πŸ˜‰

LB: “My obsessions keep me sane.”

Mine, unfortunately, are just used as evidence against me. πŸ˜›

Nastassia: I get you. Do you have any other faves?

22. Emilie says:

Well, Kris, you got me into watching Verbotene Liebe and Kish. And then I met the German soap opera actors (*sighs*) and gave Igor and Thore glow sticks, and got hugs from Dennis and Jo. You really should put our “We love Kris” pictures up here.

It's a little disconcerting now that I've watched Chrolli's story that the slow-motion Alles was zΓ€hlt clip is set to “Breathe Me.”

I'm sure one of the university students has DVDs of Queer as Folk and will let me watch them. I'll find out.

I'm staying busy doing my recaps of AWZ. Considering I understand only the German I've learned from watching the shows, I think I'm doing well. Other non-German-speaking viewers seem to think I'm getting it right. I guess that's good?

Richelle: Kurt and Blaine! I can't believe I forgot them. I can't wait for Valentine's Day… *sighs dreamily*

Stephani: That's awesome. I've told you before but it bears repeating Cody is so lucky to have a mum like you. πŸ™‚

You should watch Were the World Mine with him. It is a blast. He'll probably get a kick out of it.

Emilie: Found the pic! http://yfrog.com/h400wpfj Iz teh awesome.

As you know, I relied on your recaps to get through Roman's horrendous betrayal. I just couldn't do it.

I think it's terrific that you've basically taught yourself German. In fact, I have a yaoi that LB bought me in Germany that I might need your help translating. LOL.

24. Nastassia says:

Some other films I really like are : Just a Question of Love (Juste une question d'amour),Shelter, Boy Culture and You'll Get Over It ( À cause d'un garçon).

I'm also can't wait for Kurt and Blaine in Glee's valentine's day ep

Nastassia: Oooo, movies to add to my list. YAY! The only one of those which I've seen is Shelter. I LOVE that movie. The big scene where Zach caves to his feelings for Shaun is awesome.

Thanks for the recs, sweet!

26. Where do you find the time

I probably have watched two of the lot…

πŸ™‚

EH: I have no life. I think that's kinda obvious. LOL.

28. Lilli says:

Huh. I never watched either Verbotene Liebe or Alles was zΓ€hlt. And I'm living in Germany! I think I missed something significant.

Well yeah, gotta love German TV! Although sometimes I wish I'd see less tits… Anyway, eventually it was Oliver Stone who bestowed a close-up view of Colin Farrell's dick on me. Still trying to figure out if it was TMI.
    But I'm rambling. Cheers!

Lilli: *gasp* You have no excuse! Get thee to watching, girly.

“Although sometimes I wish I'd see less tits…”

*snort* Well, if you watched AWZ or VL you'd get an eyeful of a different kind. πŸ˜‰

30. Anonymous says:

I absolutely loved Shelter and Boy Culture. I need to rewatch QaF again… thats my new years resolution.
    How are u doing Kris?
    Suzi.

Suzi! ((HUGS)) I'm doing okay. How are you, luv??

I've heard such great things about Boy Culture. I must see if I can get it in Oz.

I may need a miracle.

32. Anonymous says:

I am doing good just busy working hard…
    I really enjoyed Boy Culture and will read the book as soon as I find it. Very good movie. Run see it and find out.
    Suzi.

Where, where do I start to watch!

Suzi: I'm glad to hear you are doing well, luv, if busy. YTou deserve it.

I may have to rely on the baby coz re: Boy Culture. His fave hobby is to wear an eyepatch and walk around saying 'arghhhh'. πŸ˜‰

Orannia: Which one, hun? You're going to have to be more specific.

35. lbgregg says:

Just send Em the pictures.

Em was the one who sent them to me in the first place. LOL.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )