kris ‘n’ good books breaking news

Well, not really…  for those of you who read my tumblr, that is.

So, what the hell is going on??

I’ll be closing down this here blog of mine. 🙂

Nope, nothing has happened to upset me.  Pinky swears.  And, naw, I’ve still got plenty of ideas for posts.  Drafts and notes all over the place.  LOL.

It’s just that I’ve come to the realisation I don’t want to do it anymore.

It’s actually something I’ve been thinking about for a while now and I finally decided to just do it.

Although my doc would probably say I shouldn’t be making such decisions in my current state of depression, etc, a large part of me is quite relieved as there’s been this niggle at the back of my mind for bloody ages telling me to make a choice once and for all and go with it.  So I have.  🙂

I think I’ve found this blog thing quite limiting in terms of it having to be about reading and books all the time… and despite my tendency to get side-tracked by other topics.

I’ve come to prefer my tumblr blog because, from the outset, I set it up so I could talk about the stuff I like – and hate – , journal and just post pics if that’s all I want to do.  It’s more general and I like that.  It allows me to talk about books and a whole heap of other things.  My toy poodle flu really appreciates that.  🙂

So, I’ll still be around… especially on tumblr and on twitter.

Some of the series I’ve been doing, such as my picking on the Baby Brother, like I would ever stop doing that :P, will continue to feature on tumblr.  However, a few others will be moving to different sites which have agreed to host them.  How cool is that!  *GRIN*

Anyways, I’ve got a few bits and bobs I want to post about before I finish up here, including causing some havoc and destruction.  I’m all about going out with a bang.  And, no, that’s not a euphemism.  Durty heads.

Also, regardless of whether the Kris ‘n’ Good Books blog is live or not, all of you who I’ve come to call mates better not even think of trying to disappear on me.

Cos no one can escape the awesome that is Kris.

Obviously.

This entry was posted in me. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to kris ‘n’ good books breaking news

You're not going to do anything crazy like delete the blog, right?! You're going to leave it in place??

It's not like divorce, you can always come back to the blog if you get inspired. Much as we'll miss you here, you are over on Tumblr and blogs are sometimes only meant to be for a time.

Look forward to your grand exit strategy. 🙂

3. ElaineG says:

Well shit! I need to figure out how to follow you on tumblr, cause you totally keep me sane! I adore you, your sense of humor, all the regulars that post here and I think I will just shut up now and go try to figure out the complicated world of tumblr.

A huge thank you for being so nice to me when I comment , especially since most of what I say is fairly stupid *snort*. Thanks also for welcoming me out of the blue, and I wish I had found you when you first started the blog, it might have made this less painful.

Seriously, THANK YOU 🙂

4. ElaineG says:

*peeks back in*

Been following you on tumblr and didn't remember….*sigh*

oopsie 😉

5. KB/KT Grant says:

happy trails toward those lovely man cookies you post on tumblr.

6. Emilie says:

I'll miss you here, but I'll read Tumblr and we'll keep up with e-mail. (*Big squishy hugs*)

Chris: Nope, I'm gonna delete it all and leave a big picture of some sort of obscene finger gesture instead. *rolls eyes*

Tam: “Look forward to your grand exit strategy. :-)”

Me too. And thanks. 🙂

Elaine: You made me snort out loud.

Also, you're right. You know how tough it is for me to be nice to people so you're damned straight that should be very grateful for my treatment of you… in a lavish gifts kind of a way.

*waits hopefully*

KBC: Perve.

Em: I've no doubt that I will miss the interaction with people here too, but you, my love, cannot escape me since I know how to stalk you digitally. 😉

8. Kaetrin says:

thank God I have a Twitter account is all I'm sayin'.

😀

9. KB/KT Grant says:

Perve is I and I'm proud of it.

10. Juni says:

The only thing I dislike about tumblr is the comments bit–“ask me anything” just doesn't seem right when all I want to do is leave a snarly note!

There will be a few people quaking in their boots at the thought of you & a gangbang (think I read that right).

I've never been to tumblr (up to my eyeballs already in social networking sites). What's special about it? Do you have an address there?

12. lisabea says:

Yup. I feel you. I still follow Jen B and she abandoned her blog ages ago. I think people follow me a little, and my blog is…resting. Sort of.

Tumblr scares me.

Not that I can blog hop all that much any more but the blog will be missed. Not that I don't know how to stalk you in every other way but this was a great blog.

14. Anonymous says:

From HJ – thank goodness I've already found your tumblr as I'd really miss you (esp your toying with BB).

But: “However, a few others will be moving to different sites which have agreed to host them” – who? where? Don't want to miss them…

Well I shall miss you my dear, especially as we started our blogs almost at the same time and I feel we've grown up together as bloggers.

I can't follow your tumblr because of all the lovely but rude pics you post which I'm afraid little eyes my see, but I shall try and remember to pop in and check out the BB posts every so often when the kids are safely in bed and hub is nowhere to be found.

16. Eyre says:

Hugs, hon. You know I'm still going to stalk you online.

17. Mariana says:

😦 Super sad face, but I, at least, am already following you on tumblr 🙂

If you ever need a blog to post random reviews, comments, observations… my blog is your blog.

XOXO

Kaetrin: Yeah. I get to annoy you already over there. 😛

KBC: We know it. 🙂

Juni: I think there's an option for changing the question tag. I'll see what I can do about that. Just for you. *bats eyelashes*

KZ: This is me at tumblr: http://krisngoodthings.tumblr.com/ As I said, I like it cos it let's me do a whole heap of things, but I also like it for it's simplicity. It just works for me.

LB: And I still follow you… despite the 'sort of' resting thing you've got going on there. 🙂

Tumblr is fun, I tell you. FUN!

Tracy: Thanks, luv. I've had a blast, but it's time for a change. Change is good. Apparently. 😉

HJ: LOL. When I first mentioned the possibility of shutting the site to a couple of people, all of them were insistent that I still pick on the BB. He will be most pleased. *GRIN*

And all shall be revealled in due course… *zips lips*

Jen: “Hugs to you for taking what must have seemed a very painful step. I expect there's also tremendous relief mixed in with that too.”

Yes, it was hard, but, yes, there's definitely a big sense of relief too. I will miss you too, especially being the evil twin. ;P

Eyre: And you know that I will stalk you right back. (((HUGS)))

Mariana: You made me sniffle. Totally ruining my tough bitch image, you sweet head. Thank you. *squishies*

21. JenB says:

I got sick of blogging two years ago and dumped mine. Good riddance, I said.

Looking forward to the fireworks. 😀

22. lisabea says:

AND I STILL LOVE YOU JEN B.

**cough**

23. It's not going to be that easy to get rid of me 🙂 Does this mean you'll have more time to hunt delicious cookies?

(You're not the first person I've heard say they felt relief once they decided to quit.)

JenB: You said more than good riddance as I recall. At least, offline you did. 😛

“Looking forward to the fireworks.”

Me too. 😉

LB: YOU'RE MEANT TO BE LOVING ON ME, NOT HER! 😡

Patti: You'll not get rid of me that easily either. Besides which you need to show me where to get more cock necklaces when I'm in NOLA. LOL.

“You're not the first person I've heard say they felt relief once they decided to quit.”

And I don't even do the review thing! Not only am I lazy, but apparently I don't have a good excuse for feeling relief either! 😛

Cookies are good. Tunblr is an excellent place for hunting cookies.
    But I like posts too. So good that you still will be writing them.

And I have to agree with Juni, tumblr is bad for leaving comments

Ingrid: Yep, I'll still be writing posts. Oh, and I've now set up my tumblr so that you can comments. 🙂

While I will miss this blog, I know you haven't made this decision lightly. I support you 100%!

Cos no one can escape the awesome that is Kris.

Excellent!

Have been thinking – seriously – about joining up with Tumblr so that I can…comment (is that what you do on Tumblr?) on your posts…'cause no one can escape the…nightmare that is me *beams*

@Orannia, one looks at cookies on tumblr. lots and lots of cookies, nsfw really. Oh, and short movies but those are for the pervy ones between us.

29. Twimom227 says:

I completely understand. Recently I left tumblr and twitter for the most part. For me it was personal reasons. Please email me so we can keep in touch! I luvs you! xoxo Jen

twimom227 at gmail dot com

Orannia: As if anyone could possibly think you are a nightmare, you sweet head. Chris has set up a profile at tumblr that let's her comment, although she doesn't have a blog there. She might be able to tell you more. Also, the comment feature I've now got there should – theoretically – allow you to comment via your blogger profile. I think…

Ingrid: Hey! I post more than cookies.

Sometimes.

Jen: Did you not see my warning about not being able to escape me?? 😉 And I luv ya back, hun. *smoosh*

31. Yes, we will definitely go hunting for cocks while you're in NOLA. *evil grin*

32. I mean…erm…necklaces. Yeah, that's what I meant. *winks*

@Ingrid – *beams* That sounds perfect then.

@Kris – thank you. I will drop Chris an email as I like the idea of being able to comment without actually setting up a Tumblr myself – I can just keep up blogging 🙂

Good for you for knowing it was time to move on. I've been lurking here and there and barely updating my own blog for a while now.

And now I'll have to dust off my Tumblr again. 🙂

Lily: Yes, it was time. Also, much more funner for me to annoy other people from time to time via posting on their blogs. That really, REALLY works for me. Surprisingly. ;P

36. Jackie says:

*hugs* We'll miss you Kris.

O.o

That sounds as though you think you won't be following me to tumblr, Jackie. That had better not be your intention…

Well??

I'm waiting for an answer…

*tapping foot*

38. Jackie says:

;). i'll definitely be following you on tumblr….once I figure it out…I better or I'll probably be getting an ass kicking when I get off the plane in october.

“… or I'll probably be getting an ass kicking when I get off the plane in october…”

Probably, Jackie?? Probably, my arse. 😡

40. LesleyW says:

I'll be keeping an eye out for you. Not sure what tumblr is, but I'll try and find you there.

Have only just got my internet connection back after the move, so am now trying to catch up on all the stuff that I've missed.

Hey Lesley, I thought you had been quiet. Good to 'see' you. 🙂

This is me on Tumblr: http://krisngoodthings.tumblr.com/ , and I have installed a comment feature which appears to be working a-ok.