the great yaoi swap

Don’t forget to…

Keep an eye on the comments here for any updates about who has what, who’s finished, and where books are – or might be – heading off to next.

This entry was posted in giveaway, tam, yaoi. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to the great yaoi swap

I just finished Caged Slave and will be sending it to the next person on the list tomorrow. I think it's Lily if I'm not mistaken. 🙂

I have Dark Walker here but as far as I know there are no people on the waiting list for it. Pls let me know if I am wrong.

You can send it to me if you like Ingrid. I've got one to send and I'm half way through another which should be finished soon.

Email me at jenre30@gmail.com and I'll give you my address. 🙂

Kris: Is it possible to put something on your side bar so we can all keep up with whose had what?

Okey-doke. Will try to do it tomorrow… if blogger let's me that is. Stupid sidebar hasn't been formatting properly. 😦

I think this is something to do with Chrome, not blogger. I had similar trouble with the poll I put on my blog. It looks fine in OE but in Chrome it sometimes has a huge gap underneath with lots of blank space. I hate technology!

I think Oriana's book should arrive …. um, in time for Christmas? It was that or pay nearly $40. I figured I'd rather send her the money and tell her to buy it. LOL So its on the slow boat to her house. 🙂

Most people got at least one more name of who to forward their books on to. I just mailed Suzi's Junjo books yesterday (half-way through season 2 online) and she'll be in the US at the end of the month and will get them then.

ouch@ Orianna

9. Anonymous says:

Cool, thanx Tam I should be there on the 7th but only for 3 weeks… I can't wait to break my yaoi cherry…
    Suzi.

Have all of you read a lot of Yaoi? I think this was my first “official” yaoi and frankly I wasn't too impressed. Caged Slave has gotten good and bad reviews so I think you either love it or hate it. I really liked the story but the beta (I can't think of anything lower than a beta) drove me batty. And even though I liked the story if that had been a woman it would have been a DNF. I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

These books were my first experience Tracy and I'm not sure what that character is called, its like alpha/beta but they are ALWAYS beta to the extreme. I really got into Jujo Romantica (its an animated series in Japan and I've been watching in on-line) but the guy has been living with the alpha for a year now and having sex but everytime the guy grabs him he starts screaming “stop it you pervert, don't touch me, you're disgusting” but they keep having sex. LOL Its weird but that's part of the whole yaoi “charm”.

The characterizations are VERY set. I want to scream “You're gay already, just accept it!” but even though he's getting off on it, he continues to deny it. So I do sometimes have to stop myself from reacting as if its real life and just go with it. At least in Caged Slave the guy admitted he was gay but his self-esteem sucked rocks. But for most of them its the gay agressive guy pursuing the in denial passive guy.

Nope, this was my first yaoi too.

After heaving heard so much about it, and other western books described as “heavily influenced by yaoi” or something similar, I was curious.
    Dark Walker did not disappoint me. My “beta” was ok, because he had the more experience in real life, he was at some points stronger then his “alpha”. It made them more equal in a way.
    I mailed it to Jen today.

Ingrid: Did you get squicked out by the older brother/demon thing? That kind of threw me, but overall I liked the characters, the two characters did balance each other out because one knew about the regular world and one knew about the dream world. They were teaching each other.

I knew something was coming up, only I did not know when.
    It fitted the story although it was a bit out of thin air. The appearance of the older brother that is. At the end it had Stockholm-syndrome written all over it.

Tam – thanks for that. Yeah the beta's self esteem was sucking rocks. I think because he wasn't denying his sexuality but still told his partner to stop kinda made me crazy. But like I said, good story and hot man-lovin. 🙂

I noticed there is no mention of condoms but also no mention of lube in any of this that I've read. Yowch!

Woohoo, Manga in the Mail. Thanks Chris. I just got me a tasty package from Down Under so when I finish reading these I will pass them on. Maybe I'll just bundle them all and send them on the Caged Slave route since everyone signed up for that.

Ozakie, if you are reading and want in send me your address. I think I have Tracy, Lily, Ingrid, Jen and Orianna. I have Suzi's American address but I know most of this stuff would never make it past the Saudi censors but maybe at the end of the route it could wait for her in the US.

Anyone else? Up for a yaoi journey around the world?

Jesus, I spelled your name Chris. HAHAHAHA, I was so excited. Ummm, that would be Kris. Sigh. Sorry love.

but also no mention of lube in any of this

In Caged Slave during the very first encounter they used lotion but other than that – no lube…ow. I've read a few m/m books lately with no lube…again, ow.

Ingrid: Thanks for passing the parcel on. 😉

Suzi: Breaking your yaoi cherry. I like it.

Tam: Orannia got her package this week so maybe the slow boat had a transporter. LOL.

Tracy: This is a glossary of terms associated with yaoi which is extremely good: http://www.aestheticism.com/visitors/reference/aestheticism.htm.

Tam's explanation is pretty spot on: in yaoi the r/ship is fixed with a seme/ top/ agressive and uke/ bottom/ passive. Dub con, seduction and role reversals are all features of these stories. You get used to it.

Tam: Spit and spunk, hun… and your forgiven. 🙂

Tracy: That's why I like fantasy. Self-lubing penises.

Okay, I've put up the list in the side bar on the far right. Let me know if I've messed anything up. I've also indicated those who need new homes.

I've just sent Hanky Panky to Ingrid.

Cool. I've updated the list.

Kris regarding yr list, I got Lily's address for Hanky Panky next.

ok – send me the one in purple – I'm game.

I got your book Tam…. and finished it too already 😦

Now I remember again why I never read comic books, hardly any text!
    Honestly I did look at the artwork too but still..

It's the piccies that are the good bit, Ingrid. LOL.

I guess I am more text focused Kris

You disappoint me, Ingrid. You really do.

I am not sure if I will be able to live with your disappointment Kris 😦

maybe you have some more text focused yaoi to cheer me up???

*snort* Most can't. I have SUCH influence. 😉

The ones you are looking for are “Caged Slave” and “Immoral Darness”. Are you on the list??

Not yet. If you would be so kind to put me on?

Of course, darling. Anything for you. 😉