So you’re getting it again and don’t be bitching about it, alright!!
Go here for the rules, blah, blah.
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? Nearly 2 years.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? Can’t honestly remember, but J L Langley’s Without Reservations was among the first.
3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader? To my family and virtuals, yep. Actually one of my closest friends was around yesterday and saw Sean’s magnets on my fridge. Seeing her confusion, I explained it was for a gay romance. Not sure how she took that. LOL.
4. Ebooks, print or both? Both.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? Usually sellers.
6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? A lot. I’m too scared to even count how many I’ve bought and/or ordered this week.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? All three!
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? Sometimes. What bothers others may not me so I tend to take them with a pinch of salt.
9. Who’s your fave publisher? In terms of consistency and quality I’d have to say at the moment it’s Blind Eye Books.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! Hmmm, this is actually harder than I thought it would be because some of my auto buys have been supremely disappointing of late. M L Rhodes without a doubt. The second?? Whatever author team that includes Madeleine Urban. *hehehe*
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? I avoid historicals like the plague.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks. Long!
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? Water sports and scat play. Just ewww.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when… you’ve always been a top/bottom but you’re willing to switch for him foreva and eva.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? That BDSM will cure all your physical and/or psychological problems.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be? Buggered if I know. Hell, I just came up with the bloody questions, not the friggin’ answers.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? Fires of Ballian by M L Rhodes.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? Hero by Perry Moore.
19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? Definitely steampunk.
20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off
arsehole character Jake Riordan? Fuck YES!!! Kill him. KILL. HIM. DEAD.
Tag; your it: Been there, can’t be arsed pissing off anyone else…
today yet. 😉
Cookies! Here’s a fave piccie of mine:
*sigh* Sooo good.
Heh. We even agree on a few things here. Will wonders never cease?
Crap. I've not heard of Blind Eye Books. Like I need to know about another m/m ebook publisher. I can be strong! I can resist going there and buying books! I can!
*twitch twitch twitch*
Um… *slinks off to do the google fu*
BEB don't publish ebooks, Chris. They do paper publishing only.
Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale is published by them. As is the new Josh Lanyon fantasy, Strange Fortune.
Ah! Thanks for the clarification. Now I can focus on the fighting words about Jake…
Kris… Q13… Answer….. eewwwwwwww my brain doesn't even go there. Oh I'm scarred for life! I swear to cure them of their er habit they should have babies…. changing a milk nappy will cure anyone!!!!!! Oh I'm going to scrub out my eyes and wash away that question and answer.
Jen: Well, occasionally you can be awesome too. 😉
Chris: What Jen said. 🙂 BEB are a small print publisher specialising in GLBT spec fic, but their stable of authors is quite simply amazing and extremely talented.
Fighting words?? Pul-leeze. I'm just saying out loud what many people think. Many. People.
Tish: Holy crap. Who knew that I could gross out the indomitable Tish. LOL.
There are just some places you just don't go ….. if you get my meaning. And it does take a lot to get me going but eewwwwwww! Just so wrong!!!!!
I just finished Coming home by Victor Banis… short story but the ending made me cry…
Use this Tish – it will make it all better.
I've never seen water play or scat in a romance. I hope I never do. That's just NOT romantic, on any level.
*passes brain bleach to Tish*
Just chugged down a can… feel much better…. la de da de d… where was I again 😉
Drama queens! lol
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let's try that again. Assignment completed!
Acknowledged. Well done. Mothership out.
For some reason I now have the theme from Star Wars in my head. heh
Well shit woman, just by saying that now I have the theme in my head. Sigh.
Mine's the triumphant version and we've just defeated the Death Star and now we're being awarded medals on some secret Alliance base somewhere.
Well yeah. Luke and Chewy and Han walking between the rows of troops. What else would come to mind? That bitch Lea looking all smug with her bagels. (Maybe her bagels were gone then.)
Her bagels had been eaten as rations and she was Princess Conehead then.
Weird coincidence. As I was reading your Star Wars post (while simultaneously watching Stargate Universe) they were discussing which Star Wars movie was the best on the TV show. Doo dooo dooo. (That was Twilight Zone music.)
And eewwww on #13!! Thankfully I've never read a M/M book that included either one of those. I did read a story at Nifty from Bobby Michaels that included water sports and eewwww, never again!!
I've heard really good things about Blind Eye but I've never shopped there. I don't really do print that much.
Tam, I like Eli. He, like me, only recognises one movie – the right one – the original – as the first movie.
Lily: Dee-licious! 🙂 Almost makes up for my #13. Blech.
BEB is a terrific publisher, but only for those who like their spec fic. For eg Astrid Amara, Ginn Hale and Nikki Kimberling are all published there.
Whoa … 23 comments already?
Well, guess what, Kris? Here is my contribution:
Tam, I think you might be especially interested. You and Kassa both. 🙂
Awesome. Thanks Val! *off to have a wee squiz*
Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? Fuck YES!!! Kill him. KILL. HIM. DEAD.
W-W-WHAT???? Woman you are MAD as a HATTER. What have you been drinking over here?!
You know how the water goes down in the drain the other way round when you're down under, Josh? Well, apparently the same happens in the body with the bubbles in alcohol, which means it affects you differently… especially when you mix it all with tequila. *GRIN*
Doesn't mean, however, that I'm not right about Jake.
Would it seriously hurt to at least put in a dream sequence or sumpin where Jake gets killed and Adrien can see that, yeah, although it will be bad initially, he can still live through it? Surely it's not too much to ask for you to just slot that in somewhere?? Geez.
As per Lisabea's tag:
I almost always get m/m in ebook format, but Blind Eye Books is my big exception. Not only great authors and stories, but the books themselves are beautiful.
I've had Hero on my tbb for ages, but still haven't gotten to it. Much check out Fires of Ballian.
Thanks Renee. 🙂
I love the BEB covers and the majority are designed by Nikki Kimberling's partner Dawn. I really like her artwork.
Hero is awesome. You should nudge it further up your tbr. You won't regret it.
Fires of Ballian is the 3rd in The Draegan Lords series by ML. It has to be one of my faves of the m/m fantasies I've read to date. If you like your fantasy I would definitely recommend it.
Kris – I really get the impression you don't like Jake 🙂
You think it's obvious, Orannia?? Heh. I thought I was being subtle.
Heh, I'm a-feared about what obvious might be…
You're taking the piss out of me, aren't you.
*best wide-eyed innocent anime character look*
Crap. Fictionwise has a sale on all erotica titles… so like, all of their m/m titles… 30% off…
Really?? Dammit. There goes my 'I'll never buy from Fictionwise again because it's too hard to find the boy smut in amongst all the girl germs' resolution.
Hee hee. Book Slut enabling at its finest. 🙂
Yeah, cos I really need an excuse. Tee, hee.
Well, you can say “Ow! My arm! Chris twisted it and forced me to buy more books! You KNOW what a book slut SHE is.”
Problem is that I'll sound as though I'm talking about myself in the third person. I really don't think I need to give people that kind of extra ammunition, do you?
It's the Kris/Chris thing. Sounds as though I've got another personality, which could be a problem cos I already have an evil Kris and a good Kris and one more would just make me look completely whacked.
*ahem* I got that. I was pondering whether it would really add that much ammunition.
Whoa. Deja vu.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Okay, trying again! Wish I knew how to make a link come up in comments, but there's always cut and paste, eh? http://www.devonrhodes.blogspot.com
Thanks for playing, Devon! *off to have a squiz*