maybe it’s me, but…

Fucking weird.

Swear to God.

If I had a dollar for every ‘battered tube of lube’ I’ve read in an m/m romance, my trip to California in October would be well and truly paid for.

This entry was posted in m/m, maybe it's me but, tropes. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to maybe it’s me, but…

1. Cecile says:

Hummm…. Yea… 0_o
    Bacon on a piece of sausage.
    Not sure that is what I want…

Cliken is my word… hummm C liken.. no C is no liken this… HA!!!!

2. Cecile says:

Oh yea.. and I hope your day/night is better my love…

Bacon??

0_o

4. Patti says:

Please pass the brain bleach…that's just….*shudders*

See, I would buy bacon lube. *shrug* That probably explains a lot.

6. What really makes me cringe is when they use whatever food is handy and near by! Veggie Oil, crisco… *shudder*

7. Mandi says:

Bacon lube seems better than grabbing a handful of butter while in the kitchen…

or maybe not.

I dunno. it is a tad weird

better to use this kind of butter then: http://www.lube.com/Boy-Butter-Personal-Lubricant-16Ounce-Tubs/A/B001G7QIM0.htm

“Boy Butter is a water-less product which never drys, absorbing right into the skin as a healthy moisterizer.”
    Well you certainly don't need a day cream any more to moisturise the rosebud!

Chris: o_O

Cecile: HA!! Funny girl. 🙂

Am better today. Slept a loooooot.

Lily: Yep. o_O

Miranda: Yeah. Iz a bit icky.

You haven't lived until you've read about ginger being used as a sound. *crosses legs* Ouchie.

Patti: I'm thinking it must be a boy thing.

Tam: You're right. That does explain a lot. We love you anyway.

“I'm not sure what they are doing with those poor bottles of lube. Or they are plastic contrainers that unless they've been kicking around for years they shouldn't be that battered. Oh well, one of those things.”

It's weird though, right. The lube tube is usually battered. Maybe it's meant to be a reflection of how hot the sex life of the couple is?? Dunno.

Mandi: I'm going with maybe not… and also hoping that they chuck out the container of butter when they're done cos it's likely to have got… stuff.. in it. *shudders*

Ingrid: “Well you certainly don't need a day cream any more to moisturise the rosebud!”

Awww, the magic 'r' word. Well, I guess someone had to mention it at some stage.

12. As much as they use it, how are the tubes lasting long enough to get battered?

Why are tubes of lube always battered? Do you mean, battered in preparation for deep frying? Battered because they're used by overzealous doms? Battered because dumb guys shove them instead of their contents where the sun don't shine?

I think Slim Jim lube would be cool. SRSLY. (Don't know why I've taken such a shine to that abbreviation. I think I enjoy trying to pronounce it, because it makes me sound like a Valley Girl. Rully.)

14. Yes, bacon lube. It's all the rage in California Kris, better pick some up before you get there. *g*

You started with lube. You noticed that this site also offered all these tiny pocket packages of lube?

Angelia: Word! Anyone who is anyone knows that a tube of lube barely lasts a third of a way through a book.

KZ: You've been spending too much time with Ms C. Rully. You have.

FV: Well, I always thought there was something strange about Tracy and KC. There you go.

BTW, I mentioned I was a vegetarian, right. No doubt there's an option for that kind of lube in Cali too.

Ingrid: Tiny packages of bacon lube?? For some reason that just makes it even grosser. Blech.

Naaah, but i did see fruity flavoured ones

O_o Oh. That's alright then. I guess.

Bacon on a piece of sausage.

Cecile, I SO didn't need that image 🙂

My new favourite author JB McDonald is going to YaoiCon…I so wish I could hide in your luggage. Would it be possible oh magnificent one (I'm not laying it on too thick, am I?) for me to submit a request that you could perhaps consider the teeny tinniest bit of stalking while there please?

20. Natasha says:

no no no no no no…… and no.

tish

Yes Kris that is a NO LOL!

Orannia: Maybe. If the bribes are good. *g*

Tish: Rully?? Cos I'm still not sure. 🙂

Eyre: You know it's – in this case both the bacon luve and the battered tube of lube – true. 😉

Maybe. If the bribes are good.

I have a few months to work out exactly the best bribe(s) *grin*

24. I like the 'Keep it Sizzlin' slogan on the bottle. lol!

*snort* You mean in a 'bring that piece of meat over here' kind of way, Janna??

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w