author fan letter blog crawl

It is because I’m so awesome my honour and privilege to start off Kassa’s (aka ‘You can take that star and shove it!’) Epic Author Fandom Blog Crawl

*huge round of applause*

Thank you.  Thank you.  It is true.  Kassa recognises me as her Alpha.

Oh, and tomorrow is the wonderful Leontine’s turn so be sure to check out who she will be loving on.

*clears throat*

As was the case last year, there has been much speculation about to whom I would write my author fan letter.

I can only assume this is because you are all wondering who could possibly match my own awesomeness and that of the absofuckinglutely amazing *hand to heart* Sir Terry, as opposed to implying I have a one track mind and am completely lacking in any kind of imagination.

*sociopathicrainbowtroutstareofdeath*

So, without further ado, I give you my fan letter.

You’re welcome.

Right now there are probably a whole heap of people looking like total dicks because (a) they thought my infatuation with *hand to heart* Sir Terry would blind me to Teh Win of others, and (b) they assumed my rabid avoidance of all things historical fiction-y extended to epicness of authors such as yourself, and (c) they were deluded enough to think they could possibly predict my awesome.

Little could the dumbarses begin to fathom, however, is that I bow down to the author known as the Mother of the Historical and Regency Romance Genres.

5 Things I Really, Truly Like About You

1. You’ve already moved on from this world, which means I won’t have to worry about having to kill you the way I do about *hand to heart* Sir Terry in the case of a zombie apocalypse.

2. Proof of the fact you wrote bloody good historical romance and contemporary crime fiction meaning I don’t have the urge to compare your stories to *hand to heart* Sir Terry’s is that between us the Mumma and I own every single one of your books and, in some cases, more than one copy.

3. Your integrity as an author of historical fiction resulted in meticulously researched books which , like the building of *hand to heart* Sir Terry’s Discworld, catch the imagination of the reader and envelop them in the richly detailed world of days gone by.

4.  Unlike a few of those who have come after you, never did you fall into the trap of writing insipid female protagonists just because you were writing historical fiction.  Instead, as was done by your idol Jane Austen and as *hand to heart* Sir Terry’s are todayyour female main characters are strong, resourceful, unique and found heroes who fell in love with them regardless of how they were perceived by others – the very best of the romantic tropes.

5.  You were the first romance author I ever read and it is because of you I fell in love with the genre from which I still get so much enjoyment some 25 years later.  This means I will forever be grateful to you and that your wonderful work will always have a special place in my heart and not even *hand to heart* Sir Terry can compete with that.

Now, if only some of the so-called historical romance authors of today would take a page out of your book… in a totally non-plagiarist-y way, of course…

Yours very sincerely,

Kris of Kris ‘n’ Good Books

PS – *hand to heart* Sir Terry

This entry was posted in authors, georgette heyer, kassa, leontine, Terry Pratchett. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to author fan letter blog crawl

1. As always you leave me smiling – Georgette Heyer, one of my mom's favourtie authors – never got her myself but glad she worked for you….

Love the letter and may we have a fantastic blog crawl season….

I think Sir Terry is still laughing is arse off at that proposition…

πŸ™‚

2. Lol awesome fan letter. Love it.

Hope you're having a great night!

3. Kaetrin says:

I've listened to 2 x Georgette Heyer abridged audiobooks narrated by RICHARD ARMITAGE. *fans self*

I'm sure that Ms. Heyer, were she alive, would be truly appreciative of your letter Kris! πŸ™‚

EH: Your Mum, my Mumma and I would get on well then. πŸ™‚

Sir Terry is just waiting for the right moment to take me up on my generous offer. I know it.

Amara: Thanks, sweet.

Kaetrin: “I'm sure that Ms. Heyer, were she alive, would be truly appreciative of your letter Kris! :)”

Actually, from what I've read about her, I think she probably wouldn't have given a shit. Which makes me like her even more.

Naturally.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

But, in all seriousness, brilliant letter! I love how in its own way it wasn't just a fan letter to Ms Heyer but also to Sir Terry πŸ™‚ Perfect! (I will now freak out for the next 30 days before it is my turn πŸ™‚

…and may we have a fantastic blog crawl season…

Amen!

Orannia: “… I love how in its own way it wasn't just a fan letter to Ms Heyer but also to Sir Terry :)…”

I'm sure that I have no idea what you're referring to, Orannia.

PS – I love you too.

8. Kaetrin says:

“Actually, from what I've read about her, I think she probably wouldn't have given a shit.”

Well, YOU can say that, but I can't – that would be rude.

Are you implying something, Kaetrin?

Good letter Kris.

No one would think you rude. Because doesn't everyone mention another person in a fan letter?

11. Kaetrin says:

Not at all πŸ˜€ Why would you think that?

(Srsly, I only meant that you can say it and it isn't rude but from me it prolly would be.)

Uh oh. Way to set the bar incredibly high. Sigh. I have to confess I've never read anything by that author, but I'll trust you that it was all amazing stuff she wrote.

Well done for the kick-off. I have 13 days. I better get thinking.

13. KB/KT Grant says:

I had no idea about your admiration for Georgette Heyer. Nice letter Terry loving freak πŸ˜‰

14. Kassa says:

*golf clap* I'm sure Miss Heyer is pleased that you oh so cleverly hid your ode to Sir Terry in such a way no one but he could ever see. Perhaps you were even too clever and this is why he hasn't taken you up on your offer. Perhaps you should be more direct?

With affection,
    Kassa

15. Leontine says:

An awesome letter Kris, I feel a hiatius in my historical romance lovin' roots πŸ˜‰ I actually have to finish my fanletter before I go to bed tonight *eek*

Ingrid: “Because doesn't everyone mention another person in a fan letter?”

Exactly, Ingrid.

Kaetrin: Sure that's what you meant. *hmpf*

Tam: “Way to set the bar incredibly high.”

*hair fluff*

“I have to confess I've never read anything by that author, but I'll trust you that it was all amazing stuff she wrote.”

As you should.

KBC: I adore the Mother of Historical Romance.

“Terry loving freak ;)”

What's your point.

Kassa: “I'm sure Miss Heyer is pleased that you oh so cleverly hid your ode to Sir Terry in such a way no one but he could ever see.”

I don't know why people keep on saying this. Regardless, I'm sure Ms Heyer wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Leontine: Thanks, luv. Surprisingly, I found this letter very easy to right. Even though a lot of pressure was put on me not to mention Sir Terry.

18. Mandi says:

I <3 you Kris...I do.

If only I could achieve you level of awesomeness…

The strangest sense of deja vu whilst reading this… πŸ˜‰

20. Lusty Reader says:

truly awesome letter, Kris! To both Ms. Heyer AND Sr. T πŸ˜‰ and i have to say what other kind of rainbowtrout stares are there out there besides *sociopathicrainbowtroutstareofdeath* ? for some reason i keep coming back to that one!

21. Lea says:

Your letter is full of Awesomeness Kris – you have set the bar for the rest of us. πŸ˜‰

Thanks to you for kicking off the Author Fan Letter Blog Crawl this year and to Kassa for hosting.

Wonderful tribute to a fabulous writer.

L

You certainly have the whole letter writing thing down. I am in awe of your your awesomeness.

Now I have to admit that I've never read Heyer. I know. I've looked at her books plenty of times and CONSIDERED reading them but have never actually made the leap to reading them. Maybe one day. Probably sooner rather than later now that I've read your letter. πŸ™‚

23. Ferishia says:

Kris,

I love your letter. Your awesomeness shines through.

Felicia

P.S. I am gay for you. πŸ™‚ *winks* lol

24. Juni says:

I truly bow down to your awesomness, Kris. Wonder if Kassa would mind if I wrote my letter to you?

Mandi: *nods* My awesome is a hard thing to live up to. One can but dream.

Chris: Deja vu? Maybe you've read my blog before??

Lusty Reader: Thank you, hun. Oh, and about that stare… in the immortal words of The Highlander… 'There can be only one'.

Lea: “Your letter is full of Awesomeness Kris – you have set the bar for the rest of us. ;)”

I know. ;P

Tracy: “Maybe one day.”

You definitely should, Tracy. There not perfect by any means, but there are some real gems. πŸ™‚ Let me know if you want some recs.

Felicia: “I am gay for you.”

I've been waiting for someone to say that. My life is now complete. πŸ™‚

Juni: “Wonder if Kassa would mind if I wrote my letter to you?”

I'm sure she wouldn't, although now is probably not the best time to ask.

*rapturous applause*

Well done, Kris. I couldn't have said it better myself :). I love Georgette Heyer and have re-read her books many times.

28. Eyre says:

There aren't enough adjectives to describe how fabulous, awesome, fantastic, wonderful, brilliant, and amazing your letter is, Kris. However, I really doubt Sir Terry wants a sociopathic rainbow trout giving birth to his children.

Thanks, Jen, and Georgette Heyer is Teh Shit. I love her muchly.

Eyre: “There aren't enough adjectives to describe how fabulous, awesome, fantastic, wonderful, brilliant, and amazing your letter is, Kris.”

*buffs nails*

“However, I really doubt Sir Terry wants a sociopathic rainbow trout giving birth to his children.”

*clutches pearls*

30. Twimom227 says:

love it! You have a way with words!

Jen: You forgot awesome. I have an awesome way with words. ;P

32. Love this letter! Why am I always surprised when I see that you read m/f? Fabulous start to the blog crawl πŸ™‚

(I've never read Georgette Heyer but I plan to at some point…)

Patti: “Why am I always surprised when I see that you read m/f?”

I'm always surprised when people think I don't. LOL. I think it's because I'm not a great fan of m/m/f that people think I'm rabid about girl cooties as a whole. And thanks. πŸ™‚