mondayitis

Like many other worker bees around the world, today is the day I need to get serious and knuckle back down to the evil job. Dammit.

The ONLY thing I have to look forward to during these dark days of transition is knowing that at the end of the day I have a pile of books waiting to be read.

In the spirit of Readolution 2, I’m determined to read these before making any more purchases. I’m going to read them all even if I receive any of my eagerly awaiteds in the interim. Yes, Yes I AM!

To keep me from being bored as bat shit, I was thinking about running a contest as to how long people thought it would take me to read the above books. What do you reckon? Could be fun.

Perhaps the winner could receive an ebook of their choice?

This, of course, means I would have to buy other books at the same time – don’t forget Readolution 2!

I’m all about altruism. Hee, hee.

This entry was posted in evil day job, reading, readolutions, tbr books. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to mondayitis

1. Ozakie says:

Kris,My New York’s resolution is to find me a evil daytime job! LOL But i feel you nothing beats coming home from the rat race but a good pile of books to take your mind away. Sidenote, I see that you have The Land of Night on your list. Am I the only one who absolutely LOVE the Scarlet and The White Wolf cover? That book must have been on somebody’s list of best covers when it first came out or any list for that matter. It is just so evocative? What is he looking at? Is he scared? Is he cold? I totally must have his red coat!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hi OzakieI have loved all the covers of the Scarlet series; they’re just terrific, and like you I find them very evocative and so reflective of the stories and the main characters. Don’t you think the cover artist must have read the stories before creating the artwork?I work for myself from home – I have super, duper willpower not reading during normal working hours! – so picking up a book and going to sit on the couch in my living room is like flipping a switch in my head from work to play/relaxation. I love it!Good luck with your resolution!

Knowing how quick you read I estimate about a week!I was back to work yesterday, so no more lounging about reading during the day for me…sigh.

I’ve decided to time myself just to see exactly how fast I do read, and I will post the results on the side bar. It should be interesting. You never know, I might win an ebook from myself. *g*I sympathise. Work = yuck. Unfortunately I started off on Monday with a project I had been putting off for months before the Christmas break and, yes, it is as horrible as I expected. 3 mins to the end of my work day and counting… I am desperate for a drink!

I was gonna say a week too. :)I bow to your willpower. Working from home and not picking up a book and reading when you should be working. My ADD is to high for that! lol

A week too huh. I think you and J have overestimated my super powers, but I’m willing to give it a go.:)This is the ONLY willpower I have in relation to reading. It also doesn’t include the amount of times I take a break during the day to check out blogs. LOL.